Connect with Language is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we share personal data?
- On what do we base our right to collect and use Personal Data?
- How long do we store Personal Data?
- If you are under the age of 16
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Connect with Language collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, profile picture etc.)
- Technical information, e.g. screen/user name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
- Preferences (e.g. preferred educational courses)
- Company name and email address
How do we collect your data?
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: Information is collected directly from you, either by you providing the information directly to us or you acting in a manner that provides us with the information, for example:
- Offline: We collect Personal Data from you offline, for example when you contact customer service, enroll in a product or service or provide information to us in writing.
- Online: We collect your Personal Data through the Connect with Language Products, for example when you sign up for a newsletter or a brochure, enroll in a product or service. We also collect Personal Data:
Connect with Language may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
How will we use your data?
Connect with Language collects your data so that we can:
- Your Personal Data will be processed by Connect with Language Ltd. for the purposes of providing you with the products and services that you are entitled to, for customer service, administrative services, to email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like or as otherwise necessary to perform the contract between you and us or as further described in this policy.
- We may also use Personal Data:
- For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems as well as to ensure the Connect with Language site functions properly.
- To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through Connect with Language Products, as permitted by the applicable product.
- To allow you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and use other services enabling you to post information and materials.
- If you have given your consent:
- To analyse and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the Connect with Language Products experience and content based on your past activities on Connect with Language Products. For example, depending on what Connect with Language Product you have searched for on our website, or in previous browsing, the offer presented to you on the Connect with Language Products may be limited to a specific language, course length or budget.
- To provide you with personalised location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location. For example, you will be redirected to the local Connect with Language website in your language if your device indicates that you are browsing from that country, or you may be suggested the nearest Connect with Language office to your location for visits or information.
- To market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests, for example through email marketing solutions such as MailChimp or Intercom software which maintains mailing lists and schedules and modifies email messages based on what recipients read, click-on or forward. All such email communication will include a clear unsubscribe link.
How do we share personal data?
We may share your Personal Data with our corporate affiliates, business partners and service providers both within and outside the EEA/Switzerland:
- Our corporate affiliates are for example a local Connect with Language company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence, or the teachers/school in your country of residence that provides some of the services that you have signed-up for, or one of the principal companies that is offering another of Connect with Language’s program.
- Service providers, such as providers of IT systems, for example for managing customer relations or payments, scheduling classes or storing learning results; or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics.
- We have put appropriate safeguards in place for transfers of your Personal Data outside the EEA/Switzerland, including the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32004D0915 and http://eurlex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087. For more information on standard data protection clauses in place, please see the contact section below.
- We also share Personal Data as we believe to be necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
When Connect with Language processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
On what do we base our right to collect and use Personal Data?
We base our right to collect and use your Personal Data on the need to do so in order to provide you with the services or products that you have ordered from us, or when there is a legitimate interest for us to use your Personal Data, such as for additional marketing about similar products or services that you have already purchased from that same legal entity.
Please note that we ask you not to disclose any sensitive personal information on or through the site or otherwise to us.
To the extent that we use your Personal Data to send you offers we think you may be interested in, we base this on your consent.
How long do we store Personal Data?
We will only keep your Personal Data until the latest 2 years after complete inactivity of your account, or for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or in accordance with time limits stipulated by law and market practice, unless further retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or unless a specific time period has been communicated.
We will keep limited parts of your Personal Data which are necessary for marketing purposes until you withdraw your consent, but in no event for longer than 10 years after your last completed service or delivery of product.
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate and up-to-date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction or damage of the Personal Data.
If you are under the age of 16
If you are under the age of 16, you should review this text together with your parent or guardian to make sure you both understand them. We are not responsible for checking your age but sometimes we still do verification checks. If we learn that you are under the age of 16 and that we have collected information about you without consent from your parent or guardian, we will delete the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use Connect with Language.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us you can use the unsubscribe feature in the marketing communication you received or let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting live chat on our home page. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavour to comply with your request(s) within 2 weeks.
What are your data protection rights?
Connect with Language would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Connect with Language for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Connect with Language correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Connect with Language to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Connect with Language erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Connect with Language restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Connect with Language’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Connect with Language transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us: in Dublin at: (+353) 1 254 8252, Barcelona at: (+34) 931 275 919
Or write to us: Connect with Language Ltd., 13 Sperrin Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12, Ireland.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Connect with Language uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Connect with Language uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Connect with Language sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live chat: on https://connectwithlanguage.com/
Call us: in Dublin at: (+353) 1 254 8252, Barcelona at: (+34) 931 275 919
Or write to us at: Connect with Language Ltd., 13 Sperrin Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12, Ireland.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Connect with Language has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: The Office of the Information Commissioner, 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.